Ital’s Classic Tiramisu Recipe
What you need:
- Mascarpone Cheese (500g)
- Caster Sugar (2 tablespoons)
- Freshly Brewed Strong Coffee (400mls), cooled
- Tia Maria or Kahlua (2 tablespoons) (optional)
- Ital Savoiardi Sponge Finger Biscuits (300g)
- Good Quality Dark Chocolate (80g), grated
- Beat the mascarpone and caster sugar in a medium mixing bowl with electric beater until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Combine the coffee and Tia Maria or Kahlua (if using) in a large bowl.
- Dip ½ the Sponge biscuits quickly into the coffee mixture and then arrange over the base of a 1.25ltr shallow serving dish or six 250mls (1 cup) individual serving glasses.
- Spread half the mascarpone mixture evenly over the biscuits.
- Dip the remaining biscuits into the coffee mixture and then arrange in a single layer over the mascarpone layer.
- Finish with a layer of the remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigeratefor at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle with the grated chocolate just before serving.